Instead of rushing around, tap into your inner artist. Take things slow when you visit a new location. Reflect on your experience, and bring your travel journal and make time to use it.
1. Enjoy the fashion as art - Take time to people watch and see all the fashions. Check out where people are shopping for the most fashionable shop.
2. Try the local food - Try something you have never tried before, let the food inspire you.
3. Check out the music scene - Be inspired by what's played in the cafes, on the streets, and even the clubs.
4. Ride the local transportation - This is a great way to experience the city, and feel its true cultural rhythms.
5. Seek out street art - Some of the best art can be found on the street. Visit small galleries, cute boutiques, and local parks for cool sculptures.
6. Go places artists go - Visit bookstores, art supply shops, open studio's. Pick up local papers and find artists events.
7. Spend time people watching - Spend a afternoon at a coffee shop with your journal/sketchbook and let the people, and conversations inspire you.
Traveling like an artists has less to do with what you do and more about how you do it. Be curious, pay attention to the details, be observant, and reflect. Record your ideas to use later as inspiration.
Take time for art to enhance your vacation experience.
What is your favorite thing to do to experience art on your vacation?
*Click now for - A unique Advertising Opportunity