2.09.2010

Reinvent Yourself

Last week I shared with you how I reinvented the designs I create, the materials I work with and how I run my business. Today I'm sharing some ideas to reinvent your Yourself.

Reinventing yourself can be exciting and scary, and making changes can be uncomfortable. But a new path will help you grow as an artist and a person.

Here are some easy tips to follow to reinvent yourself:

Go at your own pace - You are doing this for yourself, take your time, find the best possible solutions for yourself, and then make changes slowly.

Do your research - There are many options, ideas, and opportunities learn everything you can so you can make good choices.

Listen to yourself - It is easy to let outside influences distract you, but you know what is best for you, you know the answers, let your gut guide you in your new direction.

Ease into your new direction - You don't have to make all your changes all at once, try a few things until you know exactly what you want to do.

These steps are easily translated into starting a new project or even new product development. Go out and discover something new about yourself, and enjoy all the new things you will discover.


"The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition." Alan Alda

Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for this it is always good to be reminded to take it slow and not to be influenced by outside things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This verbalizes where I am right now... I've been branching out into some new artistic territory and my past avenue is not really closed but I'm finding I don't walk down it as much as I used to. I'm liking the new road I'm on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a timely post as I've been thinking about this very topic. Mostly I need to work on listening to myself. Everybody has an opinion or idea or suggestion about what you should make or do and I want to ask 'what's wrong with what I'm making?' Anyway, thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! I'm in the process of doing exactly these things in my shop...I'm just working on the patience part ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. some really good advice and a nice reminder too that i cant be superwoman and do everything at once... nice and slowly does it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It can very much be overwhelming when you have a thousand good ideas for new things to do. I like the tip to ease into your new direction. You will get to it all at some point, right? No need to freak out and do it all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love this piece. Actually one of my favorite blogs. I am going to post your button on my blog

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!