1.17.2014

Why are Your Letting Self-Doubt Get in the Way?

Last week I told you that anything is possible if you Believe in yourself. This week we are going to take that one step further and commit to letting go of unhealthy attachments that are holding us back.

For years I never applied to juried shows because I kept telling myself that my photos were not good enough. All I did was take pictures and more pictures, then I realized that I was not getting into shows because I was not applying to any.

One day I just sent in my photos and got in a juried show.  Besides being trilled to be in the show, I finally let go of my unhealthy attachment of not believing in my photos. I kept on working on my photos, and they got better and better, but I also kept applying to shows and getting into most of the shows I applies too.

I realized I was what was holding myself back from my own success.

Are you getting in the way of your own success with self-doubt?

You can't move forward because of the unhealthy attachment to self-doubt, and your need to stay comfortable, safe, and in control. In some cases your attachments to your self-doubt get in the way of making good decisions.

Check our these three links for ideas and suggestions to help you let go of your self-doubt

20 Ways to Overcome Doubts
How to Let Go of Doubt
5 Ways To Overcome Self-Doubt

Once you are willing to let go, in my case the need for everything to be perfect, you will be able to do the things you always dreamed about.

Share this post with your social network.
Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Yes, my self doubt and low self esteem is crushing. I read all the links and so forth but it's so hard to take the necessary steps to get past it.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!