Unusual questions make your mind switch gears and reveal something you never knew about yourself and your creative work. This creative exercise will make your brain have to think differently opening you up to a discovering a boost of creativity.
This exercise is really simple:
Answer the question below. Answer them fairly quickly. Some may seem ridiculous, but take them seriously. They will get your mind thinking differently and you creative juices flowing.
1. You've discovered you have a new superpower. What is it? How would you use it?
2. You've been asked to describe your favorite color to someone who has been blind since birth. What would you tell them.
3. You discover a door to a secret room in your house. What in it?
4. You wake up naked in a hardware store. What do you use for clothes? And how do you explain your predicament?
5. You have the opportunity to visit yourself as a child, but you can only tell yourself one fact about your life or one piece of advice. What would it be?
Have fun with the questions. Let your creative juices flow.
What question inspires you?
This exercise is from the book Unstuck by Noah Scalin