2.14.2011

A Six Word Love Story

Some of the most timeless and beautiful thoughts are the shortest. 

"To thine own self be true". Shakespeare
"Well done is better then well said." Benjamin Franklin

Back in 1920 Ernest Hemingway was challenged to write a complete short story in six words, he responded with  "For Sale: Baby shoes, never worn". He said it was the best thing he had ever written.

Today is Valentines Day and I challenge you to write a 6 word love story to someone you love.


It requires a little thought to say everything you want to say in six words, but it's a great way to express your love in a simple and pure way.

Here are my six word love stories.

To my husband:
Randomly meet 
instant love 
forever soulmates.

To my daughter:
Smart and Beautiful
forever my love.

Can you express yourself in six words or less?

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. That's a great challenge! I'm going to mull it around in my head for a bit and see what I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a tough one!!
    I'll have to do some thinking....

    Have a great Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this challenge! Happy Valentines Day...you've got me thinking......

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. To my sister:

    Without you I don't make sense! (a line from "In Her Shoes")

    Much love on V-Day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha this is what my (almost) bf would say to me today:

    I hate Valentine's. We'll start tomorrow.

    (Do contractions count as one word?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! To my fiance:

    Spending forever with you is bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for sharing today, I hope you shared your 6 word love stories to someone you loved today.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!