3.25.2010

Check This Out...

This is a weekly post where you can share 3 things about yourself or your business. Giving us an opportunity to get to know each other and our business.

Suggested ideas:
-business goals or goals you have met
-books you are reading
-a new project you are starting or doing
-places you have visited
-blog posts you have enjoyed
-a post you have written that you would like to share
-new items you have added to your shop
-new materials you are working with
-family plans or an event you are excited about
-need help with an idea - ask for help

All I ask is that you are a follower of my blog to participate and that you check out a few links from the other people who leave comments.

Let me know if you have any ideas or questions, I would love to here your suggestions. You can contact me at additionsstyleblog@gmail.com.


Check This Out...

1. In two days my daughter will be 17 years old. One more year and she is off to college. My sister is coming to help us celebrate with her and to just hang out. She gets here today, I can't wait.

2. I found another great site with weekly entrepreneurial advice and social networking know-how. It called Meylah Blog and worth a look.

3. A few weeks ago in
Check This Out... I shared with you a little information about a project I am starting, well thing are starting to get into full swing. I got accepted to a website called Kickstarter.com so I can start taking donations and getting the word out about my project. As soon as I get my page launched I will let you know.
Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Hi I'm Beth...1. My daughter is also a junior and will be off to college in one year! 2. I'm trying to teach myself embroidery so that I can make little tags for my knitwear designs. 3. I've been wondering if summer/spring knitwear designs will sell in my mainly chunky winter Etsy shop? What do you think?
    http://www.therubyneedle.etsy.com
    http://www.rubysupcycledesigns.com (blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. My son will be going to the Dry Tortugas for a couple weeks on his sailboat (Our old boat :) and then will hopefully be making his way up the east coast of Florida and visit us on the way!

    2. I have started to put up my 'Punzle The Boat Dog' stories on my blog! http://www.livingwithwalls.blogspot.com

    3. I discovered a very fun new design for my wire art... 'Imaginary Creatures of the Ocean Depths'... they are a take-off from my drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. A couple days ago I solicited for artists blogs to follow on the Etsy forums. (I am teaching myself the art of social networking) . That was fun, the blogs are great and I will keep up with them as sources of inspiration, plus it is a fun way to find other blogs, like a treasure hunt.

    2. My favorite blog to visit belongs to a restaurant in Portland Oregon, I have never been to the cafe, let alone portland, but their blog is so fun to read and they post just about everyday. The photos and descriptions of the food they serve inspire me to be a better home chef.
    http://blog.littleredbikecafe.com/

    3. It is going to be raining the next few days and I am excited, I get to go hide, guilt free, in my studio and create! Usually I am outside in nice weather preparing the garden or pruning the fruit trees.

    4. Wonderful Wire does some neato wire art, I love ocean themes and seahorses. So glad to find that, thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth - I think spring/summer items will work well in your shop! I love your chunky knits and your banner.

    WonerfulWire - Love your Punzle story! That would make a great book. I look forward to reading more stories.

    Ms. T Fishstabber - Thanks for sharing that blog, what amazing pictures, it makes me wish I could go to Portland just to see it in person. I'm with you I love rainy days when you can sit inside and work and not feel guilty. But I will say this has been and gloomy and snowy winter in the Midwest and I can't wait for a few sunny days!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful creations from Beth, Wonderful Wire & Ms. T Fishstabber! I am following all 3 blogs now. Glad to have found you all.

    1. I'm Emma and I make feather & origami jewellery with some hair accessories also! My goal for this year is 24 sales (small but acheivable) I have already made 6 + local custom jobs which I am really excited about.

    2. I will be starting a new project soon all based around Rockabilly & Pin up fashion, I am actually making a logo and will go from there ;)

    3. I have just written a blog about one of my favourite sellers, with helpful hints for other sellers on Etsy.
    www.noogalcreations.blogspot.com

    Thanks for the promo Addition Style :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emma, thanks for joining us! Your project sounds cool, I can't wait to see your new items.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!