1.04.2013

DIY Friday - Old Sweaters

My daughter has recently gotten into thrifting, and when she was in town we spent a couple of days shopping at Savers and Goodwill. She found lots of great stuff, and her finds inspired today's DIY post. Check out these amazing ideas you can do with old sweaters.

Throw pillow and blanket
Sweater Dog Toys
Cool Jewelry Ideas
Restyle an old sweater with yarn
A fun wreath
Cashmere bunny toys
Hat and Mittens
What have you upcycled into something new?
Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. I saw a really cute doggie bed on Pinterest, made from a sweater that was stuffed and the arms sewn together at the cuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how many neat things people make with sweaters these days! What a fun round up of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People are so creative. I never know what to do with old clothes and sweaters

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great diy idea! Love these pillows & blankets!!

    <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ♥ Goodwill :) These are all such great ideas! Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hat and mittens! These are such great ideas for upcycling. My kids love to recycle/upcycle candy wrappers and make fun things. =0)
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could come up with these kind of ideas! Those bunnies are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ideas! I love the dog toys. Thrift shops are the best places to find fabrics to work with. It is amazing the quality you can find at such low prices! Now if only I could sew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I love the idea of up-cycling old sweaters. I've been thinking of making a sweater into a pillow and now I'm even more motivated.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!