10.11.2011

Are you Pursuing Your Passion?

When I started selling online, my goal was to sell lots of jewelry.  Jewelry is my passion and I knew the more I sold the more I could make.  As we know if you want to make any money selling online you have to work hard and do a lot of marketing.

On my journey of marketing my shop I discovered blogging.  I really enjoy blogging, and now I equally market my blog and my shop. 

I didn't plan on enjoying blogging so much. When I started it was just to share new items and things I learned along the way.  My passion for blogging has grown over the last couple of years and now my goal is to build a community where we can share, learn, and grow as creative individuals.

With blogging and creating jewelry I am pursuing my passion full force. I feel very lucky everyday to be able to do what I love and what makes me happy.

Are you pursuing your passion?


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. hmmm good question! I know this year I promised myself to have more fun and concentrate on the things I enjoy, playing with new materials has certainly done that for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am for the most part...I feel very lucky to work in a field that I love, I wouldn't change my job. I do wish I had a little more time for sewing and creating, but sometimes that has to fall to the back burner in order to get everyday things done.

    I do hard to try and get in my sewing room everyday though...even if it's just for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my story as well, Valerie! Although I have always been a person of words, I didn't consider blogging until I started my etsy shop and then, once I decided I need to have a quality blog it started living it own life and taking me places I've never been. It is amazing how through one passion you discover another and go up the stairs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. trying to. having no income is tough, but still working at it. and I like to blog too, always wanted to be a writer, but now I get to, even if it is another unpaid thing I do.
    they say do what you love and the money will come. so, still looking for all the money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh! Good question! I have a banking background and when I started my online business, I did want to make pots of money.(Banking and balance sheets never go out of your blood) I started to blog after I realised that I needed to get some motivation from others as well. I know I don't have many followers to my blog...but you know what,that's okay. I love making and designing jewelry and yes I am pursuing my passion! Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I am blessed with an incredibly talented jewelry designer friend that has helped me along the way! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean: I started blogging for my business, too, and eventually just ended up blogging for me. :) It's such a great way to share your thoughts with the world! And I feel like blogging is encouraging me to achieve my goals and dreams in life, because I'm able to connect with people who cheer me on. <3 So in a way, blogging is encouraging me to pursue my passions - for instance, I don't know if I'd have been quite so inspired to write "The Sandcastle's Way" if so many bloggy friends hadn't kept encouraging me. You're one of my cheerleaders - so thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!