7.26.2011

Creative business Quick Tip

You hear it all the time, promote, promote, promote. It's one of the most important things you need to do to get your shop noticed and to make sales.

We use social media, blogs and forums to promote all the time, along with all the other online business doing the same thing.

We think because we have an online business we should be promoting mostly online, but our business can benefit from being promoted everywhere possible.

Today I have a list of ideas you can do offline to direct people to your website.

• Join non-crafty organizations in your community to network and increase your visibility.

• Consider adding your logo or your website info via a car decal.

• Do demonstrations at local events. Answer questions, pass out cards, or whatever you need to create interest in your shop.

• Make a small investment for premium products with your shop information to share with customers and potential customers. Print t-shirts, make bookmark business cards, create buttons, check out Etsy for lots of other promotional product ideas.

• Offer selected customers free samples. When I started I had a box of jewelry that I let my friends and family choose pieces for free and asked them to pass out cards.  I actually got a few orders and a good regular customer.

• Write short articles about your craft or what you are an expert in and submit them to article sites such as ezinearticles.com. Don't for get to include your shop address at the end of each article.

• Sign up for HARO.com (Help a Reporter Out) for opportunities to be featured on blog and local and national publications.


• Don't forget the obvious passing out business card, and if you make something you can wear like jewelry, clothes, or accessories, show it off and wear it everywhere.

There are many options for promoting your shop offline these are just a few suggestions to get you started.  Try including a few offline ideas to your fall/holiday marketing plan.

Do you have an offline marketing idea that works well for you?


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Great ideas, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! I give a small stack of business cards to people who ask for them (always ready in my handbag). Friends and family are great for this. My hairstylist has a business card holder on her counter with my cards. She has a number of my designs which she wears and spreads the word! ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing tips! I think that its really important to promote offline as well, though it can seem daunting sometimes.

    <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tips and ideas! I attend craft shows and use those in-person events to promote my online shops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! I will definitely be using these as I get my shop up. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, this is probably why my photography shop isn't a booming business. The fact that I don't really promote... and the fact that I haven't really devoted any attention to it lately. LOL xD

    Good tips, though!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!