10.23.2009

Explore - New Ideas for New Ideas

Working on new designs for the holidays?

Having trouble coming up with ideas?


Try a couple of these easy exercise to get into a creative mood.

Create something in your medium of choice based on your favorite children's story. My favorite is story is Green Eggs and Ham. Last time I was in a rut I created several pieces in green, a color I seldom use, they all turned out great.






Design something to your favorite song. Respond to what you hear, and how the music makes you feel. I don't listen to music but books on CD when I work, and many times I get engrossed into the story and make things that the characters I am listening to would wear.







How about designing something to advertise your shop, a t-shirt, pen, tote bag, or a hat. Make them fun. They will make great gifts and advertise for you too. I have not done this idea, but I am looking forward to creating t-shirts for me and everyone in my family.

Try one or try them all, and enjoy the process along the way. Each ideas will give you a new way to look at what you are creating and help you come up with new ideas.
Share an experience of how you get your creative juices flowing.

Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. What a great article...thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and ideas. One thing I like to do is grab all my old magazines and books and thumb through them. Not to do one of the projects but to get inspiration. I look at the designs and colors. This usually helps me figure out something new to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you, Theresa! I am a total magazineaholic. I just wish I had more time to relax and read.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!