10.12.2013

Buy Something You Love

We spend a lot of our adult life thinking about others. We want to make sure our family has everything they need and we tend to take care of them before we think of ourselves.

Every once in a while you need to do something just for yourself. 

One way to do that is to purchase a piece of art from an artist you love. You are then supporting a small business, and getting something you will love and cherish for many years.

You don't have to spend a lot of money, consider buying a print or greeting card and framing it, maybe a piece of jewelry, or a hand knit scarf, you just want it to be something you love.

Autumn Leaves Watercolor by trowelandpaintbrush on Etsy
Go to an art show, search online, today is the day to buy yourself something that will lift your spirits and make you smile.

When was the last time you purchased something for yourself?

Share this Self- Love Saturday post with your social network.
Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Well last weekend I bought a bunch of craft supplies. lol I've never had trouble spending on myself!!! I do try to always buy some locally made art whenever I'm on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a small watercolor from my local artist friend Glenda, which hangs above my printer. That was several months ago. Perhaps I'll treat myself to a self-indulgent artsy purchase after tax season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to buy something for myself at each craft show I vend at. I like buying handmade and local :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even know when the last time was that I bought something for myself for fun. It's really time I do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so important to treat yourself once in a while, especially to something handmade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great thought.. :) I haven't been to an art or craft show in several years. The last show I went to I purchased a lovely stained glass trinket box from a stained glass artist. I adore that little trinket box and look at it everyday. So, new shoes may be good for the feet, but art is good for the soul. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been a little while since I've bought any art on Etsy but I have my eye on a piece that I want to buy myself for Xmas... I'm not telling what it is, because it's OOAK and if someone else gets it before me I will be heart broken. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!