8.16.2012

Summer Books

I spend my days listening to books on my Mp3 player while I am making jewelry. I love mysteries and thriller stories, and I listen to at least 2 books a week.

I like to read actual books at night before bed, and I usually prefer business or inspirational books. I prefer to read these types of books because I retain the information better. I find that when I am listening to a story on my Mp3 player I get lost in the story and the details are only necessary to set the scene in my mind.

I recently purchased a few books that I am really enjoying and I thought I would share the titles with you.

The Fire Starter Sessions: A soulful practical guide to creating success on your own terms
By Danielle LaPorte

The $100 Startup: Reinvent the way you make a living, do what you love, and create a new future
By Chris Guillebeau

Do the Work: Overcome resistance and get out of your own way
by Steven Pressfield

Grow Your Handmade Business: How to Envision, develop, and sustain a successful creative business
By Kari Chapin

Steal Like an Artist: 10 things nobody told you about being creative
By Austin Kelon

Each book offers a little something different for my business and inspiration for my creative life.

I hope one of these books inspires you and your business.

What business or creative book are you reading this summer?


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. When I'm not painting, crafting, being Mom, granny, walking all 3 of Three Dawg Lady's dogs....I'm reading. You never see me without a book by my bed or in my purse. It takes my mind away. Thanks for the book suggestions, especially the one about building your handmade business. Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could listen to books b/c I have a tendency to space out too easily. Like when the TV is on, if I'm not interested in the show, I tune it out completely. Just finished reading a biography of Harper Lee that was kind of dull, and am still reading 'Curse of the Narrows' about the 1917 Halifax explosion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those books really look inspirational! Thanks for sharing them! I too like to listen to mps versions of books while working, especially when knitting. It takes me away to a different level of life where anything is possible and I get even more creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard about that last one, Steal Like an Artist. I really can't say that I've read too many books in this genre, and I should!

    I'm with you- I LOVE to read actual books before bed. Right now I'm reading the Fountainhead, which I somehow managed to never read before!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!