5.03.2012

Everyone is Creative

It really drives me crazy when people say "your so creative, I don't have a creative bone in my body". My response is always you are creative and you can create whatever you want.

I believe every person is creative in their own way. It could be through art, cooking, putting together presentations, working with kids. There are so many ways to express your creativity you just have to choose to let it be part of your everyday life.

I also think you can learn to express yourself creatively. Talking classes, reading, and experimenting with different mediums, gives you the skills you need to get the creative juices flowing.

So here is a question for you:

Is creativity something only certain people have, something that is internal, or can you learn to be creative?


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. My mom tells me this all the time...but she comes up with some of my best ideas :)
    I do believe everyone has creativity in one way or another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creativity is everyone's birthright. It is our culture that frequently subdues our most creative impulses, which are related to healthy sexuality and expression. But Creativity is a "muscle" that has to be exercisezed just like anything you want to have access to often--like a healthy body or inner attitudes. And that's where most people fall short. They don't know how to begin, or they say they are "too busy." You can be creative in the way you live life in an office, too.

    It drives me crazy when people tell me I am lucky to have such a beautiful singing voice. I have worked very hard to build and maintain it, just like an athlete. Those that make it look easy have figured out how to do the work joyfully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have felt exactly the same way for very long. Especially when I was teaching art- parents would tell me their kids did or did not have the artistic touch. I'd always force a tight smile and say, "All kids are naturally creative. If you tell them they're not, then they will forever think they aren't! (just like you, ahem)." Maddening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think creativity is something we all have. Just like you said it just varies in the ways we express it. I know there are some people who can't draw to save their lives, but they can put togther a very "creative finance" deal for their clients to make it an amazing situation. I think people think of creativity as only fine or creative artistry. Creativity is letting your brain come up with incredible ways to solve situations. We are all creative in our own areas, we just need to tap into it. . . I've also heard it said that it's our "super-power"! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting question. I have two sons. The youngest LOVES to create and ideas come naturally. The eldest, from a very young age, has no interest whatsoever and cannot imagine things when he does try to illustrate something. So... I think that maybe not everyone is creative :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely think that everyone can be creative in their own way, although not everyone takes the time to actually be creative. But there are so many different kinds of creative out there that I find it hard to believe there's anyone who can't find a creative outlet! All you have to do is find out what calls to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally feel that everyone, every single one of us has something that we really and truly excel at. Sometimes it can take some effort to figure out what exactly that is, but it's there, just biding its time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!