3.20.2012

Pretty Packages

I love to get packages in the mail.

The experience of opening the package is just as exciting as what's inside. 

Why not make your packing materials and promotional pieces an important part of your brand and a memorable experience for your customers.

Here are some easy tips for creating that experience:

Your branding should be represented throughout all your package. Have your packaging materials, business cards, and thank you cards all have the same look.

Wrap your item. There is nothing more exciting then unwrapping a package, so wrap your item(s) so they feel like a gift.

Add a personal touch. A thank you note, a special quote, smile faces, something that the customer will remember, making them a happy repeat customer.

Go the extra mile. If you have to raise your prices or shipping cost a little to create a memorable experience it's worth it

Be Unique. Brainstorm a few ideas, find your unique voice and let it come through in every package you send.

It took me a while to find my way with my packaging, but I am really happy with the results. It requires a little prep work, and I try to do a whole bunch of cutting at one time so everything is ready to go when I need it (especially during the holidays).
  
Supplies for packing a box
Inside the package
Package ready to be shipped
It's worth the extra work, have had a few customers who have shared how much they enjoy opening up their jewelry. 

However your choose to package up your items, it does not have to be expensive or time-consuming, just offering thoughtful ideas with a little fun is all you need to create a memorable experience.

Have you received any memorable packages lately?

Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Oh yes, the packaging is half the gift! I am with you on that one. Care should be taken to package with love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great suggestions!! Your so right, who doesn't enjoy unwrapping something package beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your packaging is so cute! I'm always changing my packaging up a little from time to time, but it more or less follows your suggestions, which are right on by the way, in my opinion...

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your packaging looks great!
    I ship so many different items that I haven't found one way of doing things yet, but I always include a hand-written note with each order :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Edi! The package you send me was perfect, and well protected. That's what's most important.

      Delete
  5. Great packaging! I love the Additions Style ribbon around the box.

    I just received some pretty packaging this week from an Etsy purchase. The seller simply used a brown paper lunch bag to put the items (journals) in. Wrapped it in string with a few tags. It looks great and barely costs anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like your journal came in cute packaging Val. I love the brown paper bag idea.

      Thanks so much. It took me a while to come up with an idea that was inexpensive, but still looked interesting.

      Delete
  6. I love great packaging! I try to do nice packaging with as little cost as possible. Always include a small thank you and not a bunch of business cards, as some customers do not want all those but still appreciate a thank you.
    Your packages are great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raige! I agree one business card is enough.

      Delete
  7. I love packaging! I think your packaging is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that you're showing more of your work here! :) I thought you did an amazing job on the packaging, it's one of the first things I look for. The second is a little note. It doesn't have to be anything extraordinary, but that little touch is one of the best things about buying on Etsy. I think your style is beautiful, great work Valerie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!