10.04.2011

Unplug

The season is starting to get busy and finding down time is a little harder.  Since my daughter went to college I seem to work all the time, even forgetting to take a day off.

When I do turn off my computer and unplug I like to read magazines and watch a little TV.  Lately my husband and I have gotten hooked on Mad Men and anytime I watch TV we watch another episode (really good show, easy to get addicted).

I also like cooking and hanging out with friends, but when I really want to unplug a little light reading and TV is all I need. 

What do you do when you want to unplug?


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I agree with the magazines and tv, sometimes listening to my old vinyls, but lots of reading of unimportant, not needing to remember things. I started to watch Mad Men late in the series, hope they rerun it to get all the back stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make popcorn and watch a movie. I just don't do it often enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched all the back episodes of Mad Men on Netflix last winter - very awesome show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you...when I'm tired I'm pooped! Can't muster the energy to go out...I love to do nothing more than curl up on the couch with a little TV and some crosswords or a good book:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes watch a movie or an episode of a show we like. I like to read but it always seems like I get interrupted and then I don't go back to it.

    And for me...of course cook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read, read and read. And did I mention read?

    LOL Okay, so that's not ALL I do... I also love hanging out with friends, and photography is also a lot of fun for me. :)

    I'm glad you and your husband are enjoying your show so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to settle down with a book and some music, possibly an old video game (I'm talking old, too. Atari, Sega MS/Genesis/CD, original Nintendo - something from my younger days) that I haven't touched for a while, or if I'm still energetic I'll play a newer game or go for a walk.
    Usually I read, often with some soft music in the background. There's nothing for me like a good book, soft music and a nice big mug of cocoa.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!