7.12.2011

Dreams Revisited

I am one of those people who remembers most of my dreams, almost every night.

Sometimes I take out my favorite dream symbol book (The Dream Book by Betty Bethards) and try to decipher what is going on in my sub conscience.

I have discovered that most of my dreams give me insight into how I am feeling and ideas on what I need to do next.

Last year I wrote a couple of post (Dreams and Dream Facts 2) with lots of fun information about dreams.  I have taken the best from each post and today I have the most intriguing facts about dreams.

A Wish Your Heart Makes Fine Art Photography by paperangelsphotos
You forget 90% of your dreams - with in 5 minutes of waking up you forget 50% and after 10 minutes 90%.

In our dreams we only see faces of people we have seen before - We see hundreds of thousand of faces in our life so we have a endless supply for our brain to use in our dreams

Follow your Dreams Digital Print by valentinadesign
You can have 4 - 7 dreams a night - on average you can dream from 1 - 2 hours every night.

Dream incorporation - our mind takes images we see throughout the day and incorporates them into our dreams.

Framed Print Mix and Match Build Your Own Set by MatchBlox
One third of our live is spent sleeping - Which means that in an average lifetime you spend about six years of your life dreaming.

Research has shown that the house is the most common setting for dreams.

Brunette Dreaming Big Large Art Print by thedreamfiraffe
Common dream that transcend cultural and socio-economic boundaries include falling, flying, nakedness in public, and unpreparedness. These shared dreams arise from experiences and anxieties fundamental to all people.

Studies have shown that your brain waves are more active when you are dreaming than when we are awake.

Dream 5x7 by bethberg
Not everybody dreams in color - about 12% of sighted people dream exclusively in black and white, and the rest in color. Prior to the 1950's most people dreamed in black and white, but the introduction of color television changed that.

The study of dreams is fascinating to me.  I have been reading about dreams and learning everything I can about them for years.  I find it interesting that all those crazy symbols in our dreams can give us insight into who we are and how we are feeling.

Do you remember your dreams?


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!