4.12.2011

Market Locally

Shopping locally is a great way to support members of your community, marketing locally is a great way to grow your business.

There are simple steps you can take to market and grow your business in your community.

Join your local team - on Etsy or any other selling site if you have the opportunity it's nice to be able to connect with other artists that live near you.  It is also a good way to find out about local events, networking opportunities, and gallery events.

Participate in local art and craft shows - This is a great way to get yourself known in the community, meet other artists, and of course make extra money.  doing several shows a year is how I got my business started, they were a lot of work but worth it.  I still have friends I stay in touch with that I meet back when I started doing show over 15 years ago.

Network - Don't miss out on an opportunity to market your business when you attend local events, meet with friends, or go shopping.  Join local networking groups, like parent, business owners, or artists groups.

Don't forget your social media sties and marketing your friends and family - As long as you don't do it all the time mention a sale or special you are offering on your Facebook or twitter page.

Marketing locally makes you known in your community and when someone is looking for what you sell your name will be the first name someone will share.

What do you do locally to share your business with your community?




Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Local markets are the way to go. You will get last minute orders and people will call your before Christmas and want to come and browse your items.



    <><
    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like the local market! I have joined some teams on etsy with the purpose of doing a craft show next year. My girls will be older by then and I will be able to concentrate and doing bigger plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!

    I totally agree...support local and in turn you get exposure and get supported back...plus it's fun to meet the people. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very helpful comments! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally agree! networking locally has had huge benefits for my business. I have show organizers contacting me to participate, I just have to learn not to say yes to everything,,, it's not always a good fit :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Periwinkle Dzyns, you bring up a good point. It is also important to choose shows, events, and groups that are going to help your business, and not stress you out by adding more work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I plan to do the craft show circuit this year, locally. I am excited, but a little scared. I need to work on more local networking. That's for this reminder of how important it is!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!