10.22.2010

Art Club

I am lucky to have a group of friends that are into learning about and enjoy art.  We started a art club earlier this year and meet every month. 

We have a art teacher in our group that teaches art history, and he puts together informative presentations for every meeting.  I have learned so much participating in our monthly art club, and I look forward to going every month.   

This time is important to me. I spend most days by myself working, and I don't talk to many people during the day.  The opportunity to get away and talk about art is a nice contrast to working alone all day.  It's also nice that their is always lots of good things to eat and tasty wine to sample.

It was really easy to put our group together, here is what we did:

The couple that started our group asked one of their fiends and they asked a friend and they asked a friend and next thing we knew we had a group of about 15 people. 


We picked a day to meet each month, and created a monthly list of who was going to bring the food to the meeting.


Like I said we have someone who loves to do presentations and puts together our program, but if you wanted to start your own group you could easily have each person in the group switch off each month and do a presentation about an art subject of their choice. 


You can also take it one step further and actually do art projects (I have another group of friends that get together to try out new art material, but I will tell you about them another time). This will give everyone the opportunity to learn a little something, and experiment with a new art medium.

Getting together like this is a great way to learn more about art and experience new art mediums.  Grab your friends and put together your own art club.

What do you do art related outside of working?


 
Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. That sounds like a LOT of fun and a great way to get out of the house and socialize :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could organise something similar .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! I can't wait to hear about the other group trying out new material.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey great ideas! I just joined my first art club and its been nice meeting local artists and sharing projects and techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. some excellent ideas there thanks for that new follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps just off to grad your button and add to my blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, this reminds me, right after I graduated college, a group of us from the art department who still lived relatively close would get together weekly/ monthly to make art together. It is a solitary thing, and you sort of come to rely on the critiques but also it's nice to just work next to someone else who's doing something similar and gets it. Good for you all, that sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!