Here are a few things you can do...
• Buy a greeting card from an Etsy seller and send a note to a old friend
• Buy some herb seeds and start a herb garden
• Buy yourself a special chocolate treat and savor it slowly
• Buy someone a pair of shoes. Make a donation to GiveShoes.org
• Freshen up a photo display. Give some old frames new life by painting them all the same color.
• Start a savings account. Every time you have a $5 bill, set it aside instead of spending it. At the end of the week deposit all the $5 bills in the bank.
• Learn Spanish or sign language with bargain language software from 5DollarSoftware.com
• Buy $5 worth of lemons and put them into a pretty bowl you already have, for a pretty and fragrant centerpiece
What other ideas do you have for $5?