11.14.2009

Journal Prompt

As we get closer to the end of the year, in the back of my mind I am thinking about my plans for 2010, and I am sure you are doing the same. In the next few weeks I plan to do a few posts on goal setting, planning for the new year, and growing our businesses. So today's journal prompt is to get you started with the process.

I know it is hard to think about that type of stuff when your busy with the holidays and shipping out packages, but as business people we have to make time, so we can have the success that we strive for. I promise to keep the ideas simple and easy to do.

Today is a journal prompt. It will require some time to think and you will want to write down things as they come to you. You don't have to do it all in one sitting, process it throughout the week, change your ideas as you go along, just make sure you include everything you come up with. What may seem like a bad idea now may be a good idea later.

OK, here is the question:

What does success mean to you?

Think about this question, be specific about your answer, consider things like:
→What would make you feel like a success?
→How many hours a day would you work?
→Would you work alone or have employees?
→What would you want your work space to look like?
→Create a list of what it would take for your to be a success.

Remember this is about you, don't compare yourself to anyone, or model your ideals around another business, concentrate on what it means to you. Once you have the answers, compile them into a statement that best describes what success means to you.

You will find as you move forward to setting your goals that this statement will be very helpful in making that process a little easier.

I will be working on this as well, I will share some of my plans and ideas with you in a future post. If their is any way I can assist you with the process or if anyone just wants to share please feel free to email me at additionsstyleblog@gmail.com.
Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!