Pollock was born on: January 28, 1912
Born at: Cody, Wyoming, United States of America
Pollock Died in a car accident: August 11, 1956
6 Facts you may not know about Jackson Pollock
1. He lived from 1912 to 1956 - he was only 44 when he died in a car accident.
2. The style for which he is known is called "drip" or "drip and splash", and also "action painting." 3. He sometimes mixed broken glass with his paint.
4. His painting, "No. 5, 1948" sold at an auction in 2006 for $140 million, making it the most expensive painting ever.
5. He chopped off the end of a finger at the age of four, playing with a hatchet.
6. He once knocked down a wall to make a room large enough for a 20-foot canvas.
Want to create your own Jackson Pollock go to http://jacksonpollock.org/ and give it a try.